Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Life on the Court - What Tennis Means to Me


     Tennis has been, is, and always will be my deepest passion. Every time I unzip my tennis bag and see my racket, I am reminded of the many years I spent playing the sport I have come to love. When I hold the racket on the court, waiting for my opponent to serve, feelings of nostalgia surface immediately, of the early start to my tennis journey. I recall the player I used to be, determined, and willing, to practice until I got better. 
     To me, tennis is not just a sport, but a lifestyle. It requires commitment and self-motivation, but most of all, passion. The feeling I experience when I am playing on the court, focusing intently on my strokes, is like no other. The world stops around me, and I am alone, in that moment, playing my heart out. 
     My racket reminds me of the sacrifices I have made--of all the strokes that led me to where I am today. The satisfaction I feel, is extremely rewarding. 
     Throughout my journey, I have cherished many moments and made many memories that I will forever hold in my heart. Tennis has led me to a new perspective of life, that I am capable of reaching any dream, and achieving any goal that I set my mind to. It has given me a confidence that I am able to use both on, and off the court. 
     Without tennis in my life, I would feel empty, in that I would not have something to work for, or something to look forward to every day. Tennis is my escape from the plethora of stresses in life, and for that, I am grateful. 
     After years of playing, I am finally able to realize that tennis truly is, my everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment